Title IX of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
No person shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any academic, extracurricular, research, occupational training, or other education program or activity operated by a district which receives Federal fianancial assistance.
In providing any aid, benefit, or service to a student, a district shall not, on the basis of sex:
1) Treat one person differently from another in determining whether such person satisfies any requirement or condition for the provision of such aid, benefit, or service;
2) Provide different aid, benefits, or services or provide aid, benefits, or services in a different manner;
3) Deny any person any such aid, benefit, or service;
4) Subject any person to separate or different rules of behavior, sanctions, or other treatment;
5) Apply any rule concerning the domicile or residence of a student or applicant, including eligibility for in-state fees and tuition;
6) Aid or perpetuate discrimination against any person by providing significant assistance to any agency, organization, or person which discriminates on the basis of sex in providing any aid, benefit or service to students or employees;
7) Otherwise limit any person in the enjoyment of any right, privilege, advantage, or opportunity.
Such non-discrimination is required by Title IX and federal regulations. This requirement extends to admission and employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations to the district may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, and to the Assistant Secretary of Education, or both.
Please see Dyersburg City School's Policy 6.3041, Title IX and Sexual Harrassment, for information on how to file a complaint, and how the district will respond.
Title IX Coordinator
Dyersburg City Schools
509 Lake Road, Dyersburg, TN 38024