Our Goals for Student Achievement
Dyersburg City Schools sets goals for the entire district. The district goals for the 2018-2019 school year are:
Reading - Achieve a level 3 Growth score or higher in literacy and maintain/improve the percentile rank in terms of the number of students scoring on-track or mastered.
Math - Achieve a level 3 Growth score or higher in numeracy and maintain/improve the percentile rank in terms of the number of students scoring on-track and mastered.
Reading – Achieve a level 5 Growth score and increase the percent of students scoring on-track or mastered to 40%.
Math - Achieve a level 5 Growth score and increase the percent of students scoring on-track or mastered to 50%.
In the Classroom We Will
- Set reasonable weekly AR goals to ensure growth in reading comprehension and vocabulary
- Communicate assignments and due dates
- Hold students accountable for using reading strategies that show their thinking and support success
- Develop an interactive math notebook that provides examples and processes for solving problems to be used throughout the year
- Provide Home Connect login for students and parents to monitor progress on Accelerated Reader and Accelerated Math
At Home We Will
- Monitor my child’s AR progress and provide a place for them to read at least 20 min. per day
- Monitor teacher correspondence to ensure assignments are completed
- Utilize resources provided by the school to help my child with reading
- Monitor my child’s interactive notebook to see that he/she is taking effective notes and referencing the notebook as needed
- Monitor my child’s progress online and/or printed TOPS Report and provide them a time and place to work on math goals
- Set a realistic AR goal each nine weeks, monitor progress using the RenLearn program, and achieve goal
- Complete assignments on time
- Use the reading strategies my teachers teach in all classes
- Take effective notes in the interactive notebook and use it as a resource
- Take responsibility and monitor my progress in Math, stay current with AM goals, and show work on all math assignments